Natural Lights Photography is a boutique photographic studio operating out of Newcastle and across the Sydney, Central Coast, and Hunter regions. For over 15 years Natural Lights Photography has shot over 1000 weddings and over 2000 portraits. With a gift for natural yet elegant images, we capture your day in a way no one else would. With your ideas and our expertise, we capture real moments, inspired by life, created with passion.
Bellow, you can meet the team at Natural Lights Photography, who strives to capture stunning images reflective of your memories and preserve them for a lifetime with only the highest quality products.
Create • Conceive • Capture
Danielle Minett- M.Photog. AAP
I have been managing the Natural Lights Photography studio for the last 15 years and have grown every step of the way.
With a gift for allowing people to relax and feel comfortable in front of my camera. I possess a natural, candid and in a fun way which creates images which reflect who my clients really are. My passion is capturing your story, which is always showcased beautifully in my imagery.
I truly feel honoured to share in these moments, glances, smiles and touches between a couple. In my unobtrusive way, I capture these honest and intimate times before they go by, creating unforgettable and stunning memories to cherish and keep as a testament to your love and life. With your ideas and my expertise, I capture real moments, inspired by life, created with passion.
For my fine art web site please visit – www.danielleminett.com.au
This site contains all my fine art photography, paintings, sculptures and digital art work as well as up coming exhibition information.
Awards and Associations
- Accredited Master Photography Member AIPP (M.Photog. AAP)
- Graduated Bachelor Fine Arts
- Accredited Member ABIA
- Accredited Member WPPI
- Australian Bridal Industry Awards (ABIA) Finalist, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Winner of 2x Silver Award at Australian Professional Photography Awards (APPA) 2016 Alternative Process
- Imagining Futures Fine Art Graduation Exhibition – Watt Space Nov 16-27 (Exhibitor and Curator
- Australian Photography Awards- Film and Analouge Category –2 Finalist works (Oct 26- Nov 26
- Friends of University Art Prize – Finalist (Sept 14 – Oct 2
- Gosford Art Prize – Finalist (Sept 4- Dec 4)
- National Campus Art Prize – Finalist (Sept 12-28
- Newcastle Emerging Art Prize – Finalist / Exhibitor (Aug 21- Sept 4
- Eden Gardens Art Festival – Finalist / Exhibitor (Oct 2016- Mar 2017
- Australian Professional photography Awards – 2 Silver Awards (Aug 12
- Do I Know You? – Watt Space Art Prize – Exhibitor (Sept 7 – Sept 25
- Friends of University Student Art Prize – UoN Gallery – Finalist / Exhibitor (Sept 12 – Oct 2)
- Keepers of the Light: Experimental Photography – Watt Space Gallery Aug 17 – Sept 4 (Curator, Exhibitor)
- On The Move – Linus Galleries LA May 27– Sept 27 (Exhibitor)
- Inspired Art 2016 May 2-12 (Exhibitor)
- ROGAP – Sculpture at the Bay, Rockdale Council Arts Festival April 10 – 25 (Finalist / Exhibitor)
- Coast to Coast Exhibition and Workshop May 26- June 3 (Curator, Exhibitor and Event Manager)
- The Expanded Print Book Fair – Watt Space Gallery March 12 (Curator and Event Manager)
- The Expanded Print Exhibition – Watt Space Gallery March 2-20 (Curator and Exhibitor)
- John Hunter Hospital Annual Art Exhibition – Next to Nothing Feb 9-April 16 (Exhibitor)
- Key Note Speaker – Tafe Ultimo Photography Graduation Exhibition
- Key Note Speaker – Contact Galleries CATC Student Exhibition
- Winner of Silver Distinction Award at Australian Professional Photography Awards (APPA) 2015 Alternative Process
- Winner of 2x Silver Award at Australian Professional Photography Awards (APPA) 2015 Alternative Process
- Winner National Campus Art Prize 2015 – Sculpture
- Finalist in Alternative Process Category at Australian Professional Photography Awards (APPA) 2015
- Finalist Gosford Art Prize 2015
- Finalist Sculpture in the Vineyards 2015
- Finalist National University Art Prize 2015
My passion for photography started at a very young age and continues to grow to this day. I started photographing professionally for the first time at age 18 and have never looked back. I have worked along side many national and international photographers in many areas of the industry but weddings are by far my favourite! I am dedicated and professional in all aspects of my life and bring a creative and innovative approach to my job.
I have a natural talent for connecting with anyone and am able to translate this into personal tailored images that are highly reflective of my clients.
Photography awards and achievements–
- International Loupe Awards (Bronze 2012, Bronze x 2 2013, Bronze x 4 2014)
- Focus Awards (Silver 2014)
- AIPP (Australian Institute of Professional Photography)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Majoring in Photography)
- John Coxton Awards 2017 (Finalists)
- Wil Equity Scholarship (2015)